The SO (wife) Wall Cracks! :)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The SO (wife) Wall Cracks! :)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 18:59:08 -0500
Since we were on the subject of SO jealousy with our other loves (MGs)...
As we were taking the dogs for the nightly walk, Judith, my wife, said
something that shocked me,
"Well, maybe we can win a prize at that show next year, I'd like that."
(sinister grin from me)
I tried to explain how much money and work that would require and all the
other stuff I have to do before the big cosmetics money should be thrown
into the pit, but she kind of waved it off, "Hey, I've got a job now, you
know, and Punkin isn't much worse than those other cars." (competitive
German spirit)
I'm not into the "spit and polish" thing, having been focused on mechanical
improvements/restorations, but the SO wants to LOOK GOOD too...of course.
She hasn't even driven the car yet, so that may be the coup de grace on the
LBC front! :)
Let her drive it on her own to work and the dagger will be plunged and we
may have a full destruction of the $200/month limit I've been held to!
Moral: Drive the SO to a distant show on long twisty fun roads, and let
her/him chat with other SOs for a while...an insidious, yet effective plan.
Dan
'73 B