Re: car care products?

To: skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca
Subject: Re: car care products?
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 18:53:35 EDT
On Tue, 12 May 1998 11:08:31 -0700 Skye Poier <skye@hoth.ffwd.bc.ca>
writes:
>Anyone have any advice as far as a products for the following...
>preferably
>stuff that can be found at one's local Canadian Tire...
>
>Good wax to bring the shine back to a faded paint job?  Should I be
>looking
>at a 3-step system?  This will be done by hand.

The Rolls Royce products for this are Meguiars - they have a 3 step
system that works wonders
"1" cleans off old wax and oxidation
"2" is the polish and
"3" is wax
Its VERY expensive - ive also had a lot of success with 3M products - use
the medium
rubbing compund for badly faded areas, hand glaze for lwss faded areas
and finish off with a nice waxing

>Leather food?

Bill Hirschs "Miracle leather rejuvenator" makes leather supple again -
then use a Meguiars leather food/polish on top

>Soft top care?  I remember hearing Armour-All is bad but I can't
>remember
>why.

Armorall basically dries vinyl out over time - dont use it on leather at
all - it also discolours lighter coloured items - whitewalls for example
- but its still ok for a quick rubdown (with the sporting life.........)

>Chrome polish?

Simichrome is expensive, extremely hard work - and the best there is!!