Re: Idle Drop When Clutch Is Disengaged

To: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>, MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Idle Drop When Clutch Is Disengaged
From: Rick Jennings <ahhclem@kcnet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 22:00:45 -0500
At 10:47 PM 5/12/98 -0400, Richard Peterson wrote:
>The engine rpm in my '77B drops down about 200 rpm or so when I am idling
>and I disengage the clutch (that is, press the clutch [pedal to the floor).
> This seems abnormal to me, but what do the rest of you think?  About the
>only thing I can come up with is a throw-out bearing which requires a LOT
>of torque.  The car has an overdrive (OH NO, NOT THAT SUBJECT AGAIN) on it,
>if that makes a difference.

I've also got a 77B. It's always done this even with a new throw out bearing.
Mind you the bearing is not a roller type but a simple doughnut of what I
assume
to be graphite or some other slick solid. I wouldn't worry to much unless
there are other sick clutch symptoms.Slipping, chattering, etc....

RJ