MGB front cross member

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB front cross member
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:34:09 -0500
Hi everyone,

I'd like to tap into the experience of the list to get information on a
project I am avoiding like the plague.

I need to install a couple of new mounting pads in the front cross member
(pass side). I admit I haven't looked in my Haynes manual yet, but was
wondering if someone had removed the mounting bolts to do a similar repair.

It seems that these bolts may be captured in between the cross member and
frame. If that is the case will they lift up enough to do the repair? With
all the talk about steering column alignment and special tools I'd hate to
remove the cross member just to replace those pads.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB