Re: MGB's and tall people

To: RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu (RAY WYGONIK)
Subject: Re: MGB's and tall people
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 14:34:58 -0400
Hi Ray,

Mine's a Midget, but this may be helpful info for your B.  The PO
installed a small diameter Grant steering wheel (also shortened the
column) in my new baby - no problems with the wheel hitting your legs
anymore.  He also installed a set of aftermarket racing-type seats.
Although they seem a little higher than the factory seats, they put you
in more of a reclining position, thus providing more room.  I had a hard
time getting used to not being so high up and can barely depress the
clutch pedal all the way (I'm 5' 2").  The reach to the steering wheel
extends my arms almost completely.  It all takes a little getting used
to for a short person, but someone taller would find it a great
improvement.  One or all of these ideas may give you a little more
comfort in the B.

-NORY

Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '71 5-speed Midget (my new baby)
 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger