British Cars Owner Survey- 6 Questions

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars-pre-war@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: British Cars Owner Survey- 6 Questions
From: MGMagnette <MGMagnette@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 00:15:31 EDT
This is a survey intended for all past or present owners of British Cars.  If
you consider this survey to be an intrusion on your list, please tell me and
if there are enough complaints this will be the last British Car Owner Survey.
        Why a survey? Us Americans are generally deprived of British cars.
Even the
British are slowly but surely being deprived of British cars.  Please pardon
my intrusion onto your list, but I do believe that there is no way BMW
(Leyland), Ford (Jaguar-Aston), or The French (One of them owns Rootes Group,
bought from Chrysler) will EVER reintroduce our favorite cars unless there is
some documented demand for them.  Cars that we can get, like the Jaguar, will
become increasingly less like the Jaguars we knew and remembered because the
current master-of-the-marque does not know what the essence of each marque is.
   To help create original research, I ask that anyone with a few moments to
spare please answer the following questions about Jaguars.  Each week, month,
(or never again if this posting pisses people off) we will do another marque,
to find out what the key characteristic of each marque are.  The statistics
will be posted. REPLY DIRECTLY TO MGMAGNETTE@AOL.COM    DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY
TO YOUR OWN MAILING LIST.  Chances are that I am not a member, and this one
letter was enough of an intrusion, we don't need to fill up the Hillman board
with junk about Jags.  My suggestion is that you cut and paste the following
questions directly into your reply, if possible.  Feel free to ramble on with
long answers if need be.  OPINIONS OF NON-JAGUAR OWNERS ARE EXTREMELY VALUED

1.  Do you own a Jaguar?  If not, would you ever want one?  Which one?

2.  What does the name "Jaguar" mean to you?

3.  What is your general idea of what a Jaguar owner is like?

4.  What elements make a Jaguar a Jaguar?

5.  What don't you like about Jaguars?

6.  What do you see in older Jaguars that you want to see in the modern
versions as well?

Thank you for your time, and though these aren't alot of questions your
answers will cover alot of territory.  I hope you didn't mind this intrusion
on your list.  If this didn't upset too many people we will do "Rover" next
week, the car most likely to be introduced to America in the year 2000.
Thanks-   John