Hot Weather Problems

To: MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hot Weather Problems
From: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 22:45:39 -0400
WOW!  Today hit 88 degrees here in Michigan - a perfect day for driving t=
he
B.  Unfortunately, the warm weather brought out a few gremlins in my car
('77 B).  First, as the day got hotter, the idle dropped lower and lower,=

until it would barely run.  Very strange.  I've been driving the car sinc=
last fall, but the weather has been cool to cold, so I guess this never
showed up before.  I've removed the pre-heater hose from the air intake a=
nd
will check the valve clearance this weekend, but would like some advise
about other things to consider.  The exhaust smells a little rich, but th=
is
has always been the case . . .

Second problem:  The overdrive started cutting out on me as the day got
hotter.  Again, it worked great all fall, winter and spring, but this hot=

weather has caused it to act up.  The carsurges as the OD repeatedly cuts=

our briefly, then reengages.  Any thoughts?

Rich P.