Red Bank, NJ Cruise Night

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Red Bank, NJ Cruise Night
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 07:46:42 -0400
Every year, Red Bank, has a festval called Cruise night. For those who
care, it's running all weekend, and was pretty interesting.

Unfortunately, I only counted four British cars.

Jaguar XKE, Jag XK-120, TR-6 and a TF.

The TF was absolutely wonderful - shiny black with a green leather
interior. My girlfriend (who actually wanted to go!) couldn't stop asking
questions about the TF - she loved the gauges and the exposed fuel tank.
Whomever owns this car is a lucky chap, indeed!!

There were two runners up for the interesting foreign car department - an
old Porsche 911, and a Fiat (dunno what the model is).

There was the usual display of 'Murican iron there - more 60-65 Corvettes
than you could shake a stick at (and I thought they were rare!), the usual
assortment of chop tops, lowriders, and other insane things. Personal
favotires for the American class was the 59 Caddy Convertable - man, what
fins! I couldn't believe how LONG this car is. I could paralell park my B
in it's trunk!

If there's one thing to say about old American cars is that some of them
have real class. Their interiors are a delighful mix of two tone vinyl,
leather and chrome. The dash layouts of the 50s cars rival any octogon
faced MG for creativity. While they can't simulate the thrill of an open
roadster, these cars do what they were designed for well! =)

Oh well - if anyone wants to see it for yourself, email me for directions.

BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973
The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring

http://members.home.com/mgbhaven