Re: Fender bullet mirrors

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fender bullet mirrors
From: LRuggi2635 <LRuggi2635@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 09:43:25 EDT

<< I recently purchased left and right bullet mirrors for the fenders of my
 80 MGB.

 Can anyone provide me guidance on where to locate them on the fenders?

 Thanks

 Preston >>

Hey Preston, you may want to reconsider--I did this years ago to my '72 B and
while they look pretty darned snarky, they lose considerable effectiveness
moved anymore than a foot and a half past their original door positions (try
having someone temporarily hold one on the driver's side fender where you
think it looks neat, then looking at it from the driver's position).  Another
down side is that at night, guess where the lights from passing traffic [if
you don't keep up  ;-) ] gets reflected--right into your eyes!  But after
awhile you'll probably get used to the new visual sensations, like just
picking out blobs of color as cars, instead of actually being able to figure
out it's a Chevy instead of a Ford passing you [or being passed].

Larry Ruggiero
'72 MGB
'65 Sprite