Re: seat diaphragm vs. straps

To: amesfolks@snovalley.com
Subject: Re: seat diaphragm vs. straps
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 22:09:59 EDT
On Sat, 16 May 1998 11:37:14 -0700 "Palmer Family"
<amesfolks@snovalley.com> writes:
I am going to rupholster my seats and I need to know wether to  get new
>diahpragms, or redo my straps. I don't even know if the straps are
>stock or not!  Moss shows no straps for the midget, only the diaphragm
for my
>seat.
>My seat style in their catalog is "f".   On my seats are a metal
>border that the straps are sewn to.

I've mentioned this before - but having had great success with it will
expound it yet again!! (hehe)
Forget the straps AND the diaphragms, take the frames to an uphoulsterer,
or anyone who has an "industrial strength" sewing machine and get them
covered with canvas, the frames can be fitted to the seats with the same
clips as the
stock items but will not sag, bend, break or stretch and give excellent
support.

I just had them done for my 69 seats and paid the princely sum of $10
(must be deflation, the last set cost me $12!!)

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster