Black Cloud warning

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Black Cloud warning
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 08:09:12 +0000
Two things happened to me this past week. One needs to go out to the
group as a safety check on your own vehicle. The other was just a bad
experience never seen before.
1. While out driving the 64 B, I had the seat back collapse on me!
   Scared the hell out me as I was left holding onto the steering
wheel(always have 2 hands on it) and staring up at the inside of the
top. Quickly pulled myself up by the steering wheel and got over to the
roadside. I found that the bracket on the seat bottom, where the back
rest hinges, had given up it's weld and slid to the back allowing the
seat back to go beyond those two adjustment stops! To continue, I
stuffed whatever solid material I had in the car behind to seat to hold
it up till I got home. Took out entire seat and will have Rob of MGT's
weld it back together. It seems the hinge affair is simply a collar
around the bottom seat frame spot welded in position.
A word to the wise. CHECK OUT THIS WELD ON YOUR CARS!
2. On a lighter note, stopped at my local Mobil dealer to fill her up,
put in my card, took out the gas hose, flipped up the switch and FUEL
SPRAYED OUT ALL OVER FROM WHERE THE HOSE ATTACHES TO THE NOZZLE!
Quickly, pulled the swich back down and hung up the hose as it continued
to spray out the remaining fuel. The guy next to me had a look of horror
on his face. I probably had the same look.

Quite a day,
Cheers,
Dave