Re: Hot Running

To: Carl Mole <C.Mole@tees.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Hot Running
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:40:58 +0000
Carl Mole wrote:

> I thought I'd sorted out all the problems with the '78 GT,
> BUT, going for a run this weekend in some of the best
> weather we've had for a while (HOT) showed up another
> problem. Driving normally had the temp into the middle of
> the gauge, but soon as we hit traffic and were moving
> slowly the needle was near the red, electric fan kicked in
> but the needle was still 3 quaters of the way up the gauge.
>
> When back on the open road the needle was back down to just
> over half way.

If you look right at the edge of the gauge near the chrome ring you should
see two little white dots part way between N and the red.  The fan should
cut in by the dot nearer to the red and cut out again by the dot nearer the
'N'.  Hence the gauge will hover around the three-quarter mark till you get
rolling again.

PaulH.