RE: Miata (MX-5) bashing (slightly long)

To: "Russell T. Neyhart" <vwruss@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: Miata (MX-5) bashing (slightly long)
From: "John Steczkowski" <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 13:04:23 -0500

Huh? About the only component they share is the engine, and even that's
modified for use in the Miata (transverse to longitudinal mounting
configuration, light flywheel, at a minimum), The Miata doesn't have
Macpherson struts like the protege. Does anyone know if it shares anything
else? I think the Miata has the most "soul" of any modern car. I used to
think that of 911s, but they lost some of that with the latest model.