Re: British Car Week / Are you doing your part??

To: mgrick@ptd.net
Subject: Re: British Car Week / Are you doing your part??
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 21:18:37 EDT
  There has been much more activity in CT than you have seen. On
Saturday, at least 15 MGs (2 As, 7 Bs,3 BGTs and a TD) appeared at
Harkness Memorial State Park, Waterford, for the CT MG Club's annual day
of flower planting at the park.  A Land Rover showed up also.  En route
to and from the park were seen a couple of Midgets and Bs, and one of the
rare, drophead Miatas.
  On Sunday, a TD, an A and 6 Bs and a GT attended a picnic in the mist
at Hurd State Park, on the CT River, near the Sunrise resort where the
Jazz Festival will be admitting LBCs free to its Friday night
performance, subject to the LBCs driving around the grounds in a parade.
  In the CT club newsletter we tried to write up British Car Week so that
it would be observed. Time will tell how well we suceeded.  We tried to
get a photographer from the New London newpaper to cover the story of the
car club planting at the park. Nobody from the paper appeared,
unfortunately.  Perhaps next year we will try to do some press releases
for other  local newspapers.
Bob