Oddball B Sunvisor Question

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oddball B Sunvisor Question
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 17:44:34 -0500
I'm trying to restore as much of the original stuff as possible on my '73 B
rather than replace it, so Lindsay Porter isn't much help with this.
This may be a trivial question, but has anyone tried RESTORING the original
SUNVISORS?
The vinyl is fine, the shafts have been cleaned of their surface rust.
But they're, well, floppy and sad looking, even with the vinyl cleaned and
treated. The (is it horsehair?) "padding" is mush. I'm guessing I could
slice one end open, remove the junk, insert a stiff padding material, and
seal the vinyl again with the tip of a soldering gun.
I'm just wondering if the attempt has been made before and how it was done.
TIA
Dan
'73 B