re: Leaking battery

To: William Elliott <William.Elliott@mail.mei.com>,
Subject: re: Leaking battery
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 23:24:41 -0400
Just a note to this thread. The most common drain on a B is the trunk
light. The switch is really junk, and if it is bent a hair it will stay on
and drain the battery.

Even if not the above, I have had battery drain in my 80 B after look
periods of inactivity, unlike my T cars. Recently I picked up from Sears
their  auto battery minder for $26. It stays in the car with a short ac
plug and attaches to the battery post nuts. It will charge at 1 1/2 amps
until the battery is full, then monitor on and off ( with a red light on
when charged.) Now all my cars start fast on full batteries no matter how
long they have sat. I think the $26. is worth it, as similar devises
advertized in Hemmings etc go for $50 and more.

Mike