Hood (TOP) Installation Question

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hood (TOP) Installation Question
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 15:20:30 -0500
Ok,
If you all read my BCW post the other day, you know I need a new hood (top).
Since my recent discovery that my engine is relatively healthy, I'm now
leaning toward rectifying this topless situation.
Question: Is installing a top without the pre-installed header THAT tough?
The instructions are right there in Porter's book, I know.
The pre-installed versions are about TWICE the price. One of the "seasoned
citizen" members of our club did it himself, and it looks great, so I'm
figuring I could save $200 and DIY. Also, which BRAND is the best? If I save
on the non-pre-installed kit, I might as well get the best I can. Any
thoughts?
Having a working hood would definitely decrease the SO anxiety factor on
those questionable weather days. Last night we drove to the Club meeting in
the Mazda, after much...uhhh, discussion. And it didn't rain. Plus the "hair
mess-up factor". I myself am impervious to weather, ;), but sometimes the
primary passenger is worried about "melting" since she's made of "sugar and
spice"..hehe (yes, that's an intentional chauvanist comment).
TIA
Dan