Re: NO POWER @ COIL HELP

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NO POWER @ COIL HELP
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 11:57:53 -0400
I thought the Zenith was going to be a problem on my '79B. Friday I barely
made it home 'cause the float stuck. After disassembling it again AND
adjusting it to specs found in the Haynes manual it is working fine - even
with the old float -
Someone had previously connected every vent and vacuum hose to the wrong
places. After fixing all that mess I am finding the carb reliable (so far)
and on my first tank of gas got almost 22 mpg. This is good 'cause I'm
driving the tires off this sucker.

I did order a new float from Victoria British on Thursday. After
A.S.U.M.E.ing that it wouldn't arrive till Tuesday I spent Saturday morning
trying to find one locally so I could use the car during this nice weather
(no luck). I should have looked in the mailbox  - the float was in there
waiting for me the whole time but I got the carb set up without it. I don't
know how they do it but I am extremely impressed with their delivery.

At 10:57 AM 5/24/98 -0400, Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com> wrote:

Not from Ben
>>what he forgot was i said the carb on a 76 is a piece of shit not
>>earlier su carbs.

Ben
>is there any benefit to keeping the Zenith carb, besides being concours?
>
>i have a weber dgv in mine, and i love it. easy to set correcty, parts are
>available for it -- hell, even the VW people use them!
>

>BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973
>The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring
>

>http://members.home.com/mgbhaven

Steve Bettencourt