Re: rough running midget - The Fix

To: valntine@postoffice.ptd.net
Subject: Re: rough running midget - The Fix
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 19:15:21 -0400
Well,

In regards to my mysterious suddenly rough running Midget, I tried
everything suggested by the list:

Swapped coils - no change
New Points and condensor - No change
New Plugs - No change
New Condensor - No change
Check Low tension leads - No change

Drain gas tank and refuel - That did it!

Somehow I got ahold of a bad batch of gas - or the houligans hanging out in
the Mall parking lot decided to "add" a little something to my gas. (I must
be getting old if I'm thinking like this!)

The car runs again - still a tad rougher than when all this started, but
there is probably a small bit of the offensive liquid in my tank. The Lucas
Sport coil is still running pretty hot. Is that normal?

Thanks to all for their help,

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget