GT springs, or How to make your MGB look like a TR7

To: danray@bluegrass.net
Subject: GT springs, or How to make your MGB look like a TR7
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 21:52:56 EDT

>     Where should I start? Springs (GT, right?) or shocks (convert to tubes)?
>  I can't afford to do the WHOLE suspension at once (gonna get a top soon
>  too), and I'd actually be interested in seeing the results of a progressive
>  upgrade (and passing them along).

If you have the roadster, I do not recommend the GT springs! I know many
people like them, but they put the rear of my MGB into the stratosphere. I
know it's not weak front springs because I got new front springs at the same
time. The chrome strip is three inches higher at the rear wheel than at the
front. In my mind it spoils the looks of the car. Don't go with GT springs
unless you want to show off your gas tank to the car in back of you!

Has anybody done this GT spring thing and had the car come up level? Did I
just happen to get a hold of a pair of extra stiff springs?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336