Re: Reclining Seats - maybe

To: "Dick watson" <dwatson@feist.com>, "Matt Kulka" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>,
Subject: Re: Reclining Seats - maybe
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 10:38:57 -0400
On 5/27/98 6:48 PM so and so  Dick watson said. (And I quote)

>Matt,
>
>I have the same handle on my 78 Midget and I found that if you push back on
>the back of the seat and then try to use the handle you will have better
>luck on geting them to function. Unfortunately, my step son didn't know this
>and while looking for something behind the seat, leaned on it too hard and
>broke it into. they are $45.00 each from Vicky B but i had a friend who had
>an extra one for $10.00.
>
>On a B adjusting the seat back might be practical but I have no idea why
>they were ever put on a Midget.
>
>Good Luck
>
>Dick Watson
>'68 & '78 Midgets
Dick,
There is a good reason that they were put on a Midget. My SU is only
4'10" and needs to adjust the seat, distance from the pedals as well as
seat rake, when she gets in the car. As well, I know of a couple of other
Midget drivers that are of similar size.

I think you are guilty of sizism.

;-)

Larry Macy
78 Midget (w/ a midget for a co-driver)

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?