69 MGB Panels

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: 69 MGB Panels
From: AKBLACKLEY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 13:31:39 EDT
Mike: Moss recently had a sale on these, but its over now. I didnt actaully
buy themthen, since my 69 MGB project came with a set of new panels from Moss.
I was pleased with these. They are made of a high quality, slightly paded
vinyl on a wood (luan?) base. The set came with piping, bulk vinyl, and window
brush seals to do the door top rails, and black screws. I mistakenly bought
door panel clips, but on inspection I found that the door panels on my car
originally had been screwed on ( I bought the car with the interior stripped
and didnt know what had been removed). The panels come pre drilled for these
screw holes, but around the door panel edges these are covered by the vinyl
overlapped from the front side. I installed mine by first marking the original
hole locations with chalk on the door frame.  I loosely installed the door
pulls for alignment, and then drilled new holes through the panel and door
frame to match the approximate original locations. Looks great. The only down
side was that the new plastic window winders hit the black piping that runs
across the panel. I am not sure if this is due to the piping or the handle,
but a careful heating and bending of the plastic handle solved it. Maybe the
chrome winders work better. Cheers, Andy Blackley