MGA Haynes Manual

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Haynes Manual
From: "M. W. Jordan, Jr." <mw_jordan@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 21:20:55 -0400
Good evening.

I have seen several references to a Haynes Manual for the MGA but am
also told it is out of print and generally not available.

Do any of the listers have an extra they would willing to part with or a
reprint or a source for either.

As an aside, I bought a 1960 MGA 1600 two weeks ago after quite a bit of
pricing and other advice from several on the MGs list.  It had been in
storage for 20 years, had had some restoration work done about 8 years
ago, but was stalled when the individual doing the restoration died.  It
was not running, but was rust free with a straight frame and good solid
body.  Said at the time I bought it to be complete.

I towed it home and started looking at what I got.  Rebuilt the brakes,
Master cylinder carbs, put on a new fuel pump, gas tank gas lines and
fresh batteries and just for fun, two days ago I put some gas in the
tank, pulled the starter, and it started on about the third spin.  A
miracle.

Need to bleed the brakes once or twice more and should try it on the
road in the next few days.

Thanks again to all of you who advised me on the purchase and let me
know if there is a Haynes manual floating around out there some where.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.
Marietta, GA