Oil Pressure Fixes

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Pressure Fixes
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 23:37:24 -0500
I tramped the TR6 really hard a couple of weeks ago and then noticed the
oil pressure had dropped from 60+ to 35 pounds. Bummer.

And then I rememebered that I had changed the oil and this time replaced
the Wix cartiridge oil filter with a Fram PH3816. And then I also
remembered that one of the gods on the MG list said Fram filters were
crap and to stick with Napa or Wix.

So this weekend, I stopped by O'Reilly's and picked up a Wix 51374 and
tossed it in the boot. For the next 60 miles I carefully watched the oil
pressure. 35 pounds and fading in this heat.. While I was stopped at a
friends house, I swapped the Fram for the Wix.

No oil change. Same day. Same weather. Same roads. Same speeds.

The TR6 happily jumped right back up to the 60-65 psi range it has
always had.

I'll be damned. Nothing I do ever works out that good!

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
New CW Fav: "I'm so miserable without you it's almost like you're still
here."