Re: IGNITION LIGHT PROBLEM

To: dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: IGNITION LIGHT PROBLEM
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 16:36:47 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-22 01:23:34 EDT, dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net writes:

> I just replaced an alternator on my 1975 MGB. Problem is RED IGNITION LIGHT
>  WILL NOT GO OFF. ???????????????????? Any ideas....

Dean,

Check out:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/alternator-overview.html

This is a brief tutorial on the functioning of an alternator, and starts out
with the question "What does that little red light that says ALT mean when it
comes on?" and then goes on to explain just how an alternator works, in non-
electrical terms.

Maybe that will be of help.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN