'67 dash in later car

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '67 dash in later car
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 21:38:32 -0400
I have put the early dash in a late car and the most work was in fitting up
the wiring harness.  All of the gauge and switch locations and connections
are different.  The car is a roadster and I grafted a scuttle from an early
car onto the late body keeping the joint under the windscreen flange.  Use
the 2 holes from the center bracket as a datum point.  We have only had a
few sharp observers question the early dash with 3 wipers.

The steering column is an early unit much modified to mate to a stock '77
rack.  The tunnel console for the speaker is fabricated unit, but I located
a home market unit that fits a metal dash and the wide trans tunnel after
the job was done.

another approach is the veneered dashes as used in the UK.  A sharp wood
worker coud do one to fit the '68 and newer car.  But the early dash is the
most attractive in my opinion.

Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
'67 MGB V-8