RE: fluctuating oil pressure

To: <baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: fluctuating oil pressure
From: "John Steczkowski" <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 09:16:57 -0500

pump... hard to check, could be, I was also thinking... Is there an oil
pressure relief valve? Maybe that mechanism is going. Luckily, the oil
pressure (according the potentially faulty gauge) stays in the acceptable
range under all conditions (greater than 10 psi per 1000 rpm, actually is
stays much better than that, but can be less than 20psi per 1000rpm at
higher RPM)

> rarity...), the filter could be blocked up, any number of things.
> A car I had years ago got some water into the oil, and I noticed it on the
> guage at first because (according to my mechanic) the water is
> compressable

No water in the oil, no sludge, just nice golden brown oil.

> BTW, NEVER try to save money on oil or filters. Get the best you can find.

I just changed the oil filter (not oil) in case I had a faulty filter and
that was causing the pressure drop, but it had no effect.

John Steczkowski