Master Cyl Rebuild

To: MG Listserver <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Master Cyl Rebuild
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:47:19 -0700
Does anyone know about the rebuild of dual non-boosted brake master
cylinders?  I took mine apart, and doesn't look like all the manual
drawings--instead of a link and crosspin, it has what looks like a
semi-floating screw connecting the two pistons.  It looks like it is
screwed into the rear piston and the head seems to be floating in a cap
(with a serrated rim), which I'm guessing is screwed to the front pisto/rod
assembly.  It all seems to be frozen together-won't unscrew.  Is this an
aftermarket rebuild, or a variation on the OEM Lockeed part?  Also, the
Lockeed rebuild kit I bought has somewhat thicker/deeper piston cup seals
than the ones  I'm replacing .  Are there alternate rebuild kits for the
dual MC?  HELP!

Chris Attias
'68 MGB-GT
'64 MGB