Re: Seatbelt recall

To: ckrug@laf.cioe.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Seatbelt recall
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:03:10 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-05 02:17:33 EDT, ckrug@laf.cioe.com writes:

<< OK, I've heard of this recall. I even checked out the SOL website
 http://www.autox.team.net/sol/seatbelt.html.  It says that several models
 were affected, including MGB's, however, only Midget VIN numbers are
 listed.  I have a '79 MGB roadster, and the seatbelts don't work
 intermittently (like most other systems in the car) How do I know if my car
 has these defective belts?

 Calvin Krug >>

To all:

I tried about four years ago to get the belts on one of my Midgets replaced
whose VIN number was on the list and got the biggest runaround as the place we
were to deal with was moved and moved again. Certified letters, the whole bit.
Are they now doing the right thing or still pulling that crap?

R. Johnson - Dallas