Re: Faded vinyl fixes

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu, Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Faded vinyl fixes
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:13:26 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-04 14:40:27 EDT, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu writes:

<< Hello all,
     After a winter of safe storage, I pulled my tonneau's out for their
 first fittings.  None of my full tonneaus fit at all - I guess I'm going to
 buy a new one.  My problem is with my parade boot.  I have one that fits
 very well, without any tears or cracking, but the vinyl has faded to grey in
 spots.  Has anyone succeeded in getting the color back to black?  Armor All
 just makes it shiny...would black shoe polish work?  TIA

 Michael S. Lishego >>

Clean it really well with soap, water and a soft brush. Then apply some black
vinyl spray as directed. Then do the Armor All thing. If you do it right, it
will look like new.

R. Johnson - Dallas