Low oil pressure/bad sending unit

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Low oil pressure/bad sending unit
From: AKBLACKLEY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 12:11:22 EDT
The electric sending unit on Smith/Jaeger oil pressure gauges is notoriously
bad. Every car I've had with one in the past ( 2 Jags, Land Rover, my 83 Range
Rover, etc.), theyve proven unreliable and inaccurate. On my 69 rdstr. I found
a mechanical oil pressure gauge ($15 used) and I am using the copper line I
had stashed away to replace the original elec. sending unit and elec. gauge.
Like the vertical oil filter arrangement of the 69-70 cars, this electric
gauge was replaced by the factory with something better - a mechanical gauge.
As a test try putting a mech. gauge of any type on the end  of the flex line
and see what kind of readings you get.  Hope this helps. Cheers, Andy Blackley