Good practice at pulling engines

Subject: Good practice at pulling engines
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 19:32:24 -0500
After spending no less than five hours trying to get that oil pressure
relief valve out of the side of my 76 B's block, I've reached the
conclusion that the engine must come out.  I discovered last week that
the engine/tranny to my 72 Midget must also come out.  I've never pulled
an engine before in my life (only 20yrs old), but I'll get to do two in
a few weeks.
Any tips?  I've tried everything suggested to get that valve out, but
it's stuck about halfway through its way out.  I'll have to use drastic
measures to get it out with the engine out, and clean the oil passages
very good.  This isn't gonna be fun :(

--
Tyson Sherman
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman