RE: Mikuni Carb Installation (Purists Please Delete This Message)

To: "'ccrobins'" <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: RE: Mikuni Carb Installation (Purists Please Delete This Message)
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 01:08:24 -0400
> The trouble with that article about the Weber DGV on the
> referenced web site is that it doesn't describe my experience
> with the Weber downdraft setup.  I also know several other
> users of this setup who haven't experienced the described
> stumble on acceleration.

Glad to hear that you didn't experience this problem ... I've
little experience with Webers, but have heard of both folks
that have and have not experienced 'the stumble' on acceleration.

Several manifolds are available for the DGV ... there are
variances in both the 'B' dizzy curves and cam timing ... my
WAG, it has to do with which combination of these you have.
Were you able to maintain the stock timing?

> I wonder how many of these setups the writer of the article
> tried.

Doug Jackson is a well known and respected engine builder ...
I've no idea if he has tried every possible combination of
setups, but I'm sure that he has experience with quite a few!

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII - w/ SUs