Re: 70' MGB GT questions ( Longish)

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Jon Årikstad" <jon@nextel.no>
Subject: Re: 70' MGB GT questions ( Longish)
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 20:49:47 -0500
Jon,
As for the brakes, this is the first job I did after purchase and HIGHLY
recommended to do a close inspection of all. I installed new rotors to
replace the badly pitted ones. I replaced the 3 hoses with stainless steel
"Goodrich" hoses. New (not rebuilt) wheel cylinders and shoes on the rear
(check the drums, I just cleaned mine and sanded out the glaze with rough
sandpaper), semi-metal pads on the front. I didn't touch the master cylinder
or calipers, since they were not leaking and are in good condition. (M/C has
been replaced once, judging by the rubber).
I'm very happy with the results. You have to get used to no power brakes,
but I LIKE the solid feel -- not too hard, not to spongy.

On the tachometer wire, it connects to the COIL, not the distributor. Check
out the wiring diagram in Hayne's or Bentley. You'll need both to answer
many of your questions!

Dan
73 B