RE: California Emission Question

To: "'Patrick Bailey'" <pbailey@qnet.com>
Subject: RE: California Emission Question
From: "Miller, John" <John_Miller@jdedwards.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 07:05:47 -0600
I think our lbc's get around the environmental impact fee in CA because
almost all the cars sent over here had the same equipment whether they were
Federal or California.  The easiest way to find out is to look at the
sticker.  My '76 B says that it meets both Federal and California emissions
requirements.  I only found this out recently when I was getting the car
checked here in Colorado and they told me it was a California emissions car.
As long as that sticker says "meets California Emissions" you don't have to
pay, because that is all the DMV looks for.  I also think that Moss and VB
sell these stickers.

John Miller
76 B

        I believe you will have to get a smog check one time when bringing
it in
        plus
        some lame fee for "eviromental impact"but after that pre 73s don't
have
        to have them
        again(unless someone changes the law)
        Pat