VickyBrit partII

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: VickyBrit partII
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:47:15 -0500 (EST)
As some of you may recall, I placed an order with VB Tuesday morning.
Well, this (Thursday) morning at 10:00, the big brown UPS truck pulled up,
and delivered my parts.  Yes, they were all correct, and undamaged.  The
one piece of sheet metal was quite well protected, in a large box stuffed
with styrofoam peanuts.  I didn't expect to get this until tomorrow, at
least.  Now, the next step is to weld this new fender section into my right
fender.  Some PO had welded a handmade patch in behind the front wheel, and
butchered the job.  It didn't look bad until I started removing the body
filler.  I can't believe how badly the fender was warped; as much as 1/4"
in places.  With any luck, by next weekend, I'll have both fenders straight
and in their final primer coat, ready for color.  Fun, fun, fun!

Calvin