MGB Carburator swap

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGB Carburator swap
From: "Jim Carney" <carney_fam_ark@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:14:59 -0500
All,
I'm looking for some advice.
My PO installed a Weber on my car, and let the mechanic keep the old parts.
I've located an individual who has put a Weber on his car & kept the old
parts.
I'd rather have the SU setup than the Weber, & we are working towards some
kind of deal.

Here's the quandry.
Mine is a '64. His is a '70.
Jump in anywhere & tell me if I go astray
I believe they both used HS4 carbs.
The '64 has no emission controls.
The '70 surely had something, an air pump maybe?
Different part numbers are listed for the '62 - '68 & the '68 - '71 HS4
carbs in Victoria British's catalog.

Is this swap doable?
Is it a simple matter of plugging some threaded holes in the carbs &/or
intake manifolds or should I stick to looking for a '62 - '68 setup?

All knowledgeable comments appreciated.
I'd even look forward to a few wisecracks.

Thanks,
Jim