Jarrod and the MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Jarrod and the MGB
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 15:18:12 -0500
Jarrod, whether you go with the B or some old rice burner depends a lot
on your passions.  I'm a long way from 15, but can still remember that
far back in lucid moments.  41 years ago I talked my mechanically
challenged father into trading a very nice 53 Ford conv. for a clapped
out TD, which I ended up rebuilding, using a set of open end wrenches.
Even left out the expanders behind the oil rings because I did not own a
ring compressor(actually did not know they existed).  It blew a lot of
smoke but I loved that car, didn't put the top up until snow piling up
on the seat got to be a problem.  Here I am decades later with a
building full of Brit junk and I still love'em, race'em, and build'em.
I do now own a ring compressor and a shop full of top quality tools.  If
you have a passion for the cars, go with the B and use it to learn
about  these toys.  If you are just trying to look cool, go with
something that you don't have to get that close to. Gotta go.  Got a
Healey engine to finish up. John