Re: Front Suspension Update - Long

To: "Philip Hubbard" <phubbard@carroll.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Front Suspension Update - Long
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:09:29 -0400
On 6/14/98 8:50 PM so and so  Philip Hubbard said. (And I quote)

>Those following this novice's bout with the front suspension of my Midget
>may appreciate an update.
>
>Stupid me started this on a sunny weekend in the driveway.  Of course, I
>don't finish that weekend, but have it torn down enough that I can't put it
>back into the garage.  What happens?  Rain, rain and more rain.
Tell me about it. Sheesh my garden is flooded and my Midget was a garden
tub today.

>So now I need to get the rotor off the hub.  Seems the rotors were warped -
>fairly bad grabbing when I rotated the hub with the brake caliper on.  I
>bought new rotors since I've got the whole thing apart anyway.  Getting the
>old rotor off has been a bear.  Those bolts are rusted tight.  They are out
>in the garage soaking in Liquid Wrench now.  I'll soak and heat.  Hopefully
>they'll come loose.
If you have a vice (and I don' remember if you said you have one or not)
just clamp the old rotor in the vice to get a turn on those frozen bolts.
BTDT

Larry Macy
78 Midget

>That just about covers it for now.  It's slow for this newby, but it is
>starting to come along.
>
>Many thanks to all for the help as this project has moved along.
>
>Philip
>Burgundy 1974 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?