Re: Headlight switch amperage?

To: "Kurt Schmidt" <schmidt_kurt@hotmail.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Headlight switch amperage?
From: "Robert Allen" <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 14:31:51 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Schmidt <schmidt_kurt@hotmail.com>

>I have a 75B and have noticed that the on/off switch gets quite warm
>The wiring allows all of the current (a lot) through the switch so the
>fact that the switch gets warm does not surprise me too much...

The lighting consumes electricity; specifically watts, which is amps times
volts. The less volts available then the more amps required. Amps cause
heat. So check your charging system to make sure you're getting sufficient
voltage out of it. Then pay attention to connections and switches. Dirty
contacts and connections take amps to push through them. Thus heat, too, and
downstream there will be less volts which exacerbates the problem.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, with poor connections to hot cars
"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the
disease." -- Voltaire