Re: Modern Sports Cars

To: span@datacom-bo.net
Subject: Re: Modern Sports Cars
From: mgrazian@ltcm.com (Michael Graziano)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:37:57 -0400 (EDT)

> At 04:44 PM 6/17/98 EDT, you wrote:
> ><< Then look at the Talon TSi or the Stealth. Serious drool factor>>
> >
> >My secretary has a Talon, and with 200 bhp from a 4 valve 2 liter, and 4
>wheel
> >drive, it is indeed a decent car,
> >The heavier Stealth on the same platform is also a pretty decent package,
> >though neither would tempt me away from my current Fiero.
> >I have been thinking of selling it if I can just find something with equal or
> >better performance and styling.
> >It's hard though - Porsche 911? Too soon since the war.
> >Corvettes and Camaros/Firebirds? Sorry, don't have the temperment that seems
> >to go with them.
> >Viper? Like having a neon sign that says "Beware - a-hole with more money
>than
> >taste" Otherwise pretty interesting but a little impractical.
> >Been seriously eyeing a late model RX 7 turbo though. Any owners out there
> >with advice?
> >Anyone want to buy a 300 bhp Fiero, in the area of BC?
> >
> >Bill S.
>
> Bill, I own a 280Z and it is a pretty spectacular car if it is well tuned of
> race packed. Take a look at
> the various Z web pages. Maybe a twin turbo 300ZX will tickle your fancy.
> Enrique

My '87 300zx is a great vehicle, without having any personality defects
associated with it (that I'm aware of).  The TT 300s sport a 3 liter
300bhp 6 cylinder.  4 wheel steering,  twin cam,  RW drive, and relative
comfort minus a back seat.  (Mine has something resembling a back seat,
but it's not good for much except bags)  T-tops are a plus unless they
leak,  then they're a bitch (I walked into work last friday with that
"I've just peed myself" look.  Very Not funny!).  AND they're fairly
common,  so parts when you need them aren't too hard to find, compared to
a RX7 which is a lot rarer.

Hope this helps.

Mike

'78 Midget (with plates to match, finally)
'87 300zx