Re: BBS style wheels

Subject: Re: BBS style wheels
From: Steve Bettencourt <steveb5815@edgenet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:54:39 -0500
Hi Enrique & Ben,

I really thought the gold mesh style wheels would look neat against the GM
Torch Red paint and gold LE stripes. Mini lites are neat too but not what I
had in mind. Looks like I may go with Ben's idea and just refinish the
Rostyles until I find a used set of wheels or find a different style I like.

I briefly thought about a set of Weld Wheel Rodlites like on my T-Bucket to
generate a common theme with my fleet but I need to do some cut'n'paste
before I decide to do that.

At 10:16 AM 6/18/98 -0400, ENRIQUE CLAURE <span@datacom-bo.net> wrote:
>At 12:31 AM 6/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>>The problem is, all that seems to be available are "billet" and "fancy
>>>pants" rims. I guess everybody is going to 17 and 18 inch tires now. The
>>>local speed shop can't help either. MGB is a foreign language to them.
>>
>>the other problem is finding the right bolt pattern, and rims made for a
rear
>>wheel drive car.
>>
>>my local wheel shop gave up after 4 months of searching. i will probably
have
>>my rostyles refinished now. minilites are a LOT of money.
>>

>>BEN RUSET - ICQ # 10364973 - http://members.home.com/bruset
>>The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring  - http://members.home.com/mgbhaven
>>

>Unless BBS are your only choice you may want to check out Centerline Wheels.
>They have RWD and FWD wheels and will custom make at no extra charge. You
>must have correct Bolt circle and Offset for RWD cars. Check em out at
>Centerlinewheels.com Enrique

Steve Bettencourt
'79 MGB
Steve's HotRod World