Re: Light Switch Mounting

To: Certvettec@aol.com
Subject: Re: Light Switch Mounting
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:32:48 +0000
Certvettec@aol.com wrote:

> Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I'm still getting to know my 74
> GT.............
> How is the Headlight switch mounted in the dash?  Mine has just gone on the
> blink, and I'd like to remove it to see if it is rebuildable.  I don't want to
> blunder in and force anything while removing it.

The switch has four little lugs, one at each corner, that press on the back of
the (metal) dash to hold the switch in.  There is a gizmo, I believe, that
slides
over the back of the switch and compresses all four lugs at once so the switch
pops
out the front, but I usually reach behind with one hand and pinch the two at
the
top (or bottom) then with the other hand ease that end forward a little at the
front.  Then move the back hand and compress the other two and push the switch
forward.  Always works after a bit of a fiddle.

PaulH.