'77 B won't shut off!

To: MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '77 B won't shut off!
From: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 01:12:39 -0400
My '77 B has a rather unusual problem:  After arriving at my destination,=

the car won't turn off for a short period after the key is switched off. =

As soon as I turn the key off, the 'ignition' light glows faintly, but th=
car continues to run (not run-on).  After a 5-30 seconds, the 'ignition'
light will light up and the engine will quit.  I've checked the relay to
make sure it isn't sticking, and I've cleaned the run-on valve just in ca=
se
- both to no avail.  I'm guessing I've got some stray voltage or somethin=
funky in the ignition switch, but any help would be appreciated.

Rich P.