Sightings in Oregon.

Subject: Sightings in Oregon.
From: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:35:45 -0700
This past weekend the DB (dearly beloved) and I went to Portland, OR.
Inca Sun behaved well, except that I heard an odd intermittent noise.
I am hearing impaired, and IS (79 B with a one muffler stainless system)
is pleasingly loud.  Anyway, it would not start the next morning.  Towed
to an auto electric shop, where it turned out that the starter had
either failed to disengage, or had been attempting to reengage for some
time (I think about 25miles).  The gear on the starter was as cleanly
worn off as if a machinist had been at it.  Flywheel ring only slightly
rounded and still very usuable.Much wiring destroyed, a rental car for
two days, and a rebuilt starter from an auto electric place (less than
Moss, BTW) put us back on the road.

Sighted a blue RB MGB on Route 20 headed west on Friday afternoon.  Also
a white MGA on NW 23rd around 5 in the afternoon on Sunday.  One of the
managers of the hotel we stayed in had, and drove to work, a 55 Mercedes
Benz Rdstr.  Nice, NIce.

It is clear that the wiring on IS needs to be cleaned up.  Any opinions
on whether it is best to simply bite the bullet and buy a wiring
harness, or to go through wire by wire.  Some are cut and taped off,
Some clumsily spliced together.  My considerations are first of all,
safety, secondly functionality, and thirdly cost.

   All discussion welcome.
--
J. A. Frazer Crocker, Jr.       "I pray and incur
P. O. Box 3184                   silence...am I