Fwd: Emission control help 4 '76B

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Emission control help 4 '76B
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 06:48:47
This message forwarded to the list from a non-list person in need.  Please
copy any response to <boltons@teleport.com>

>Hello,
>
>I've been searching for help/info on the'net about what may be the problem
with my automotive situation; I have a '76 MGB Roadster.

>My car has been sitting for about 7 months and today I tried to start it.
Well, the electric fuel pump never stopped "thumping" and I discovered that
the "running-on control valve" was dribbling/streaming gas out of its
bottom/"vent to atmosphere" port.  This is a solenoid valve connected to
the charcoal cannister on one side and the vacuum diaphragm on the
distributor on the other side.  I'm hoping to get some advice before I tear
into the wiring harness for replacing the solenoid valve.  In fact, the
more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to wonder if something else
may be the problem.