Much thanks to new friends at the shows

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Much thanks to new friends at the shows
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:58:36 -0400
Hi Listers!
I took my MGA to the Westwood, NJ show (my first) on Saturday, and the
Schooley's Mountain Park show today in Hackettstown and had a great time at
both.  Made lots of new friends and had a good time talking about
everything from shiney dashpots to measuring spark plug gaps with your
fingernail...
Even though it was REALLY hot both days, it was great driving, especially
UP Schooley's Mountain at 4000 RPM's in second gear.
I was thrilled to win 2nd place in the MGT-MGA class at the Tr**mph
sponsored event at Westwood (of about a dozen cars in that class) AND a
bottle of Water Wetter, which probably helped me climb the mountain safely
today...
I didn't see any List hats, but I'm gonna get one anyway, just in case.
To those who I might have not spoken to, I'm the bright red A with biscuit
interior and the bald head. (Did that make ANY sense?)
Much gratitude to the New Jersey Triumph Association, and the MG Club of
Central Jersey.  Both events seemed to be well organized and fun. You all
made me feel welcome.
Dave Iwansky <<--looking forward to more
'62 MGA 1600 MkII