RE: Looking for oddball part

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Looking for oddball part
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 07:22:00 -0700
Greetings,

I am looking for an unusual part for my Factory MGB-GT V-8 restoration.
When the car was brought into the country, the Customs weenies required
that the car be retrofitted with a US-spec collapsible steering column.
The guy who imported the car did a reasonably clean job at doing this,
but I am striving for originality and want to put the OEM column back
in.  I have the OE column and clamps, but I am still lacking the upper
steering column mount, welded to the square section brace behind the
dash. This was cut away from the brace when the column was changed.

I can get a 1962-67upper mount to fit, with some judicious cutting and
welding.  Anyone out there have a rusty 1962-67 parts car or front clip
that is beyond help,  or has spotted one in a junkyard?  About 5 minutes
with a hacksaw to cut through the square brace, about 4" on either side
of the mount will be all it will take.  Let me know at
Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com if you can help...I will pay a reasonable price
for it.

Thanks in advance,
Paul Kile