Weathermen should be shot, Mpls MGA sighting

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weathermen should be shot, Mpls MGA sighting
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 16:53:23 -0500
"No rain until well after 6 pm,"  the weatherman said this morning.  So I
left the hood down, sidescreens and, worst of all, my towel at home (shame
on me).  So here I am, working along while enjoying one of my father's day
presents (Pink Floyd's "The Wall" on CD) when the next cube dweller pops in
and says, "it's raining."  Run out, throw the top up (maybe an
exaggeration- if you own an A you will understand.  I got real wet) and
experience a smell that I haven't noticed since I drove the B in all sorts
of weather.  The combination of ozone and wet MG interior have a distinct
odor.  In the few time I have been caught out in the A the last few years I
hadn't noticed it.  Nostalgia hit hard, that's for sure.

Simon,  on Sunday the A stayed pretty close to Maple Grove but Saturday I
left for Lakeville at 7:15 in the morning and came back around 7:30 that
evening.  I also went to Burnsville center in the afternoon.  If the MGA
you saw was in the fast lane of 35W and had the hood up (weather was spotty
to dreadful south of town) then it was me.  Get those damn minivans out of
my way!

It looks like the rain is slowing down now although radar shows another
wave coming in.  I think I'll make a break for it.  If I don't slow down I
shouldn't get too wet ;-)  And this was supposed to be the driest day of
the week :-(

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA a little wetter than optimal