Fixes for wiper arms hopping off. 79 MGB

Subject: Fixes for wiper arms hopping off. 79 MGB
From: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:06:40 -0700
A short while ago I wrote to the list about the wiper arms coming off
the spindle.

One member wrote to me saying that a bead of superglue around the
spindle was enough to keep them from coming off, and yet could be broken
free when repairs are needed.

I have not done that.  I did read the owner's manual carefully and noted
that there is a very precise positioning of the arm on the spindle when
the blade is at rest.  The DPO had positioned the arms so that they were
exactly parallel to the base of the windshield.  I have repositioned
them to the correct position, and they don't hop off now--at least not
right away (was happening before after a couple of blocks).  I tested
this out in today's summer rain with a 5 mile drive up and down a road
where I thought I could easily retrieve it if one arm came off.
Everything stayed put, though one seemed to be on the way to working
itself off.

So, reading the manual can turn you, as it did me, into a BPO (bright
Present Owner).  I still will run the bead of superglue, but I am a much
happier camper now.

--
J. A. Frazer Crocker, Jr.       "I pray and incur
P. O. Box 3184                   silence...am I